Intro

Hi, my name is Phil and this blog describes a Solo Round The World Motorcycle Trip I am starting in May 2012. The blog also contains info on other motorbike trips I have made. It is named after the Lee Marvin hit from the 1969 film Paint Your Wagon. It just seems to sum up how I feel when I am on the road. I was born..etc..etc..

If you would like to give your support and make a donation to the Anthony Nolan Trust please use the Virgin Money Giving link on the right. If you would like to advertise on the blog please email me at philjones060@gmail.com.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Greece 2007

A top trip to the Greek islands on a Triumph Speed Triple 1050 during the summer of 2007. Route took me across the alps and down the west coast of Italy. Crossed over to Brindisi and got an 18 hour ferry to Patras on the Peloponnese.  Then its a short hop down to Athens and a ferry out to the Cyclades Islands.  Approx. 4000 mile round trip.


Dam and lake at the top of Mont Cenis


On the quay at Paros waiting to embark for the return journey



At the top of the Col De L'Iseran at the end of June.  People were still skiing up there and it was incredibly cold. Fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment