Intro

Hi, my name is Phil and this blog describes a Solo Round The World Motorcycle Trip I am starting in May 2012. The blog also contains info on other motorbike trips I have made. It is named after the Lee Marvin hit from the 1969 film Paint Your Wagon. It just seems to sum up how I feel when I am on the road. I was born..etc..etc..

If you would like to give your support and make a donation to the Anthony Nolan Trust please use the Virgin Money Giving link on the right. If you would like to advertise on the blog please email me at philjones060@gmail.com.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Bosnia and Bulgaria 2005

A brief account of a great trip I made to Bulgaria in 2005 to meet up with friends taking a holiday at Sunny Beach.

The route took me from home via Dover to Calais, through the alps, across northern Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and eventually to Bulgaria. The route home was pretty similar in reverse.  Although I did make a detour across France to Saint Gilles Croix De Vie on the Atlantic coast.  A great 6 week trip on a Triumph Speedmaster.



The picture above is taken on day one at the first motorway services. The Speedmaster was spot on all trip and never missed a beat.
I had an incredible night in Mostar. The locals were superb and I was getting bought drinks left right and centre.  Possibly down to my Liverpool FC football shirt which they particularly seemed to like.


The bridge at Mostar is amazing.  It had to be blown up during the war to keep the two sides apart but was rebuilt and is now a poignant peace symbol.






Pepy posing on the beach at Sozopol on the Black Sea.



Outside Hotel Arla in Sunny Beach



Just arrived at my mate Dave's campsite St. Gilles, France after a long blast from Annecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment