Intro

Hi, my name is Phil and this blog describes a Solo Round The World Motorcycle Trip I am starting in May 2012. The blog also contains info on other motorbike trips I have made. It is named after the Lee Marvin hit from the 1969 film Paint Your Wagon. It just seems to sum up how I feel when I am on the road. I was born..etc..etc..

If you would like to give your support and make a donation to the Anthony Nolan Trust please use the Virgin Money Giving link on the right. If you would like to advertise on the blog please email me at philjones060@gmail.com.

Saturday 25 February 2012

25 Feb 2012

First entry on the Wandering Star blog.  Made a momentous decision yesterday to hand in my notice and start planning for a RTW trip his year.

I am planning to set off on or around 1 May.  First destination will be Paros Greece, for some R&R on the beach.  Might also go to IOS for a few days.

Plan then is to get a ferry to Turkey and follow the Silk Roads as far as possible.  I am aiming to get overland to India and then on to South East Asia.  Not sure at this point whether it is going to be possible to go through Iran and Pakistan but I am researching this at the moment.

Got a massive list of things to do in the eight weeks before I set off.  Its amazing what you think of once you sit down and start writing things down.

Went out today and bought a Netbook so I could set up this blog so things are moving.  Next job is to get my two houses on the market to let.  I am relying on the rental income to an extent to pay my way.

Off to work on my lists.  See ya.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Phil,

    All the very best for your forthcoming epic journey. I will be following your blogs on the way round and I only wish I was coming with you!

    Your journey is something I've been hoping to do myself, again to raise money for cancer awareness, but I'm not in a position to do it alone. Pity we hadn't met before and who knows what might have happened, especially as I only live a few miles away from you.

    But keep the rubber side down, and don't forgot to take as many pictures as possible -it makes blogs much more interesting to follow.

    All the best,

    Philip

    ReplyDelete